Thursday, May 17, 2012

Thursday Threads

My friend Jennifer is celebrating the arrival of a beautiful little girl named Lila Grace. I am so happy for Jennifer and her family! Jennifer holds a very special place in my heart because she introduced me to my crafting friends. I can't explain how truly grateful I am to her for this. It has been such a blessing.

Here is the gift I knitted for this joyous occasion. I put a lot of love into this little sweater. It was my first attempt at working with a real knitting pattern. I had only made two scarves before it.

Yarn: Sirdar Snuggly Baby Bamboo DK (80% bamboo, 20% wool), 3 Skeins
Pattern: Cozy Cardigans #155 by Patons (6 month size)

Here is Jennifer opening her gift at the baby shower. I am so happy she likes it. I can't wait to see Lila Grace wearing it!


Thanks for visiting!

Hugs,
Photobucket Photobucket

7 comments:

Cindy C. said...

It's so special! I bet it's knitted with warm wishes and loving thoughts!

Heather Ruwe said...

The pic doesn't do it justice...you did such an amazing job. Miss ya!

stampingandstitching said...

Lila's cardigan is so pretty - the colour is gorgeous and you did a brilliant job knitting it!

sideoats + scribbles said...

I agree with Heather, the photo doesn't do it justice! And I can't believe you made it after only making 2 scarves! I have to learn how to knit someday, I only know how to crochet.

Jana said...

I still can't believe you made this as your first patterned project. It is so darn stinking cute

Cher said...

now that is one cute sweater! I am sure Lila will look absolutely amazing (just like her mom) ..knitting is something I want to do one day as well...guess it waits until I have grandbabies!

Lisa said...

That's so very pretty! I may or may not have crocheted a little something something in a similar color for Lila. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copic Intermediate Certification

Copic Intermediate Certification
October 2012

Copic Standard Certification

Copic Standard Certification
October 2012

Follow Me





Grab My Button

Hero Arts

Hero Arts Fab 5 Winner

Photobucket

Hero Arts Social Club

Photobucket
Copyright Joy Ott / dustypenny designs, 2011. Powered by Blogger.