Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Flower Text

THIS Hero Arts beauty arrived in my mailbox today and I just had to spend some time with it. It is so easy to make one layer cards when the stamp covers the entire card! I made two versions tonight and I have more ideas to try soon.

Liquid Pearls and Distress Inks version (see Jennifer McGuire's video HERE):



Copic Markers version (I don't do them justice, I'm sure Alice and others could do so much better):



Oddly enough I prefer the top version but my sweet hubby prefers the bottom version.

Thanks for visiting! Comments are appreciated!

Hugs,
Joy

5 comments:

Froggietalks said...

I'm with you Joy, I like the top one better too.. the bottom one just looks really faded, especially the words, in the photo.

Dawn T said...

both are just as gorgeous as each other Joy. I like the top one with all the shimmery shine.

stampingandstitching said...

I love seeing the new stamps in action Joy and you have made two wonderful cards here! I couldn't pick one above the other - love the shimmer and colouring on both!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Hi Joy. I like them both! I really like the way you used the liquid pearls. This stamp is on my wish list.

Alice said...

beautiful cards, Joy! love your coloring with both methods! fabulous work! love them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copic Intermediate Certification

Copic Intermediate Certification
October 2012

Copic Standard Certification

Copic Standard Certification
October 2012

Follow Me





Grab My Button

Hero Arts

Hero Arts Fab 5 Winner

Photobucket

Hero Arts Social Club

Photobucket
Copyright Joy Ott / dustypenny designs, 2011. Powered by Blogger.