Monday, September 28, 2009

Recipe Owl (My 1st ATC!)

Created for the Hero Arts Blog ATC (artist trading card) challenge. I am so pleased with the way my first ATC came out! I got the idea this morning after I read the blog (before work) and thought about it all day until I could actually come home and make it!

The background paper is from a 1967 recipe book called "Wear-Ever's Wonderful World of New Method Cooking" by Margaret Mitchell. I started looking in the dessert section and found this page with the cute measuring cup and rolling pin.

I taped the recipe to some Kraft paper to make it sturdier, then I rubbed the edges of the ATC with Antique Linen Distress Ink and handstitched in pink to make a frame. The owl is stamped on various papers, cut out, assembled, and pop-dotted. I added a few Hero Arts heart gemstones just for fun.

Thanks for looking!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copic Intermediate Certification

Copic Intermediate Certification
October 2012

Copic Standard Certification

Copic Standard Certification
October 2012

Follow Me





Grab My Button

Hero Arts

Hero Arts Fab 5 Winner

Photobucket

Hero Arts Social Club

Photobucket

Blog Archive

Copyright Joy Ott / dustypenny designs, 2011. Powered by Blogger.