Tuesday, July 28, 2009

many thanks friend

Created for the Hero Arts tags challenge and Thinking Inking.

I stamped the H4918 Windy Tree image on a piece of tissue paper with black archival ink (Ranger).

I painted the fabric remnant with blue acrylic paint, then put the tissue paper on top and added more paint. After drying, I sewed around the edges and added color to the image with markers and glitter pens.

The friend background paper is from the new Hero Arts "Friendship Definition" DigiKit. I printed it out really big and aged it with Tea Dye distress ink. I added the paper and fabric to the kraft card, distressed the edges, punched a hole and added ribbon for the tie. The "many thanks" sentiment is also Hero Arts, but I don't have the number handy.

I need more practice on the tissue paper and sewing, but at least Jennifer's class inspired me to break out two things that don't get much use -- my acrylic paints and my sewing machine!

Thanks for looking!

1 comments:

Anne said...

Hi, Joy! I love the colors in this one. Very striking! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copic Intermediate Certification

Copic Intermediate Certification
October 2012

Copic Standard Certification

Copic Standard Certification
October 2012

Follow Me





Grab My Button

Hero Arts

Hero Arts Fab 5 Winner

Photobucket

Hero Arts Social Club

Photobucket

Blog Archive

Copyright Joy Ott / dustypenny designs, 2011. Powered by Blogger.