Sunday, July 12, 2009

Misty Flower for Jacqueline

I was inspired to use the Misty Flower N Dot Pattern stamp by Jacqueline’s beautiful cards at: www.flickr.com/photos/25616484@N08/3708878459/ and www.flickr.com/photos/25616484@N08/3646046467/

I stamped the image with Hero Arts Soft Lilac Shadow Ink then cut it out. Then I distressed the edges with scissors and Distress Ink in Antique Linen. I did the same on a lilac frame. I also cut a piece of lilac gingham paper and used a border punch on it to mimic the border on Jacqueline’s first card above.

I embellished the stamped image with a flower (touched with same ink), button, and purple gemstones (all items from Hero Arts). The butterflies are from the Martha Stewart punch.

I saw the tied ribbon idea in a Stampin’ Up catalog that my sister-in-law sent me. Hero Arts stamps are my favorite, though!

A piece of trivia for you -- the text is a page from The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copic Intermediate Certification

Copic Intermediate Certification
October 2012

Copic Standard Certification

Copic Standard Certification
October 2012

Follow Me





Grab My Button

Hero Arts

Hero Arts Fab 5 Winner

Photobucket

Hero Arts Social Club

Photobucket

Blog Archive

Copyright Joy Ott / dustypenny designs, 2011. Powered by Blogger.