Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas Card / Mini Album

I created this fun Christmas card / mini album gift for someone special. It is his granddaughter's first Christmas and I know there will be a lot of pictures of that he can put in here! This collage shows all the completed pages (note the tags sticking out on the top and sides; more on that in a moment):


Note: Click photo for a larger view.

This project started with a single sheet of 12" x 12" Bazzill Dotted Swiss Paper. Lots of folding and then Voila! you have a cute little card / album to dress up and give as a gift. You can find the folding instructions at BoBunny. I had seen this idea in other places, but their directions were helpful. I will admit that I messed up the folding on my first try, but at least I got it right on the second! I am kind of glad because I think this light blue looks better than the light green color I used on my first try.

I embellished the card / album with super cute images printed from the Hero Arts DigiKit Children's Christmas (resized in Photoshop Elements 8.0). I also added some Hero Arts gemstones, paper flowers, felt snowflakes, stamping, buttons, etc.

These pictures just show how the album opens at the top and sides to hold tags, extra photos, journaling, etc. Pretty cool!





Thanks for looking! Your comments here are very appreciated!

Hugs,
dustypenny (aka Joy)

6 comments:

Dawn T said...

Very cute Joy. Love how you have done this. I'm sure that it will look great with all the photos in it,

Lyneen said...

what a great litttle book, I think they make some of the greatest gifts.

Sue said...

Very cute. I love it.

Anne said...

What a wonderful gift- I'm sure the recipient will love it!

"Soleil@mayotte" said...

This mini is really fun and cute. I love your embellishment. It's a beautiful gift for your friend !

Jill said...

This is so fun, bright and cheery! LOVE it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copic Intermediate Certification

Copic Intermediate Certification
October 2012

Copic Standard Certification

Copic Standard Certification
October 2012

Follow Me





Grab My Button

Hero Arts

Hero Arts Fab 5 Winner

Photobucket

Hero Arts Social Club

Photobucket

Blog Archive

Copyright Joy Ott / dustypenny designs, 2011. Powered by Blogger.