Monday, August 31, 2009

First Attempt at Fimo Buttons

The craft store had a sale on Fimo this week, so I decided to give it a try!

I was inspired by Jane Beljo (janeB74)'s beautiful Fimo buttons here and here. You can see a tutorial on her blog. My buttons didn't come out nearly as pretty as Jane's, but I'm pretty happy with the results. Maybe Jane can send me some pointers from Croatia!

Here is my first batch using blue and white Fimo. I already sprayed some clear varnish on these.



Here is my second batch, fresh out of the oven. I used orange on some and red, white, and purple Fimo on the rest. I tried to do the "millefiori" technique on some of them. I need more practice, but isn't it cool?



Thanks for looking!

Hugs,
dustypenny (aka Joy)

2 comments:

Lin said...

How fun, Joy! I have used Fimo waaaaaay long ago to make noses for my collection of snowmen! You have inspired me to maybe try this again, since I love buttons so much! Congratulations!!

Heather Maria said...

Wow Joy these are fantastic! Love all the different shapes and colours. I'm really going to have to try this too. Looking forward to see your buttons in your new creations.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copic Intermediate Certification

Copic Intermediate Certification
October 2012

Copic Standard Certification

Copic Standard Certification
October 2012

Follow Me





Grab My Button

Hero Arts

Hero Arts Fab 5 Winner

Photobucket

Hero Arts Social Club

Photobucket

Blog Archive

Copyright Joy Ott / dustypenny designs, 2011. Powered by Blogger.